This page gives links to articles in the popular press and podcasts that might be useful for your studies.
Economics of Marriage and Divorce
- Why Marry? Part 1 and 2, Freakonomics
- Bare Branches, Redundant Males, The Economist
- Sex and the Single Black Woman, The Economist
- Why do People Keep Having Children?
- Should Kids Pay Their Parents Back for Raising Them?
- Does Early Education Come Way too Late?
Family Structure & Inequality
Women in the Workplace & Family Leave
- How to Beat Gender Bias, FT
- The True Story of the Gender Pay Gap, Freakonomics
- Daddy Track – The Case for Paid Maternity Leave, The Atlantic
- Why Women Still Can’t Have it All, The Atlantic